For new users of Open Telekom Cloud, setting up a default Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is often one of the first things they need to do as they begin to build and use their cloud environment. This tutorial explains what a VPC is and what you can do with it. It contains a detailed, step-by-step description of how to quickly set up a default VPC. Each of the default settings are briefly explained, which is helpful when you need to modify a default VPC. And at the end of the tutorial you will find an overview of further helpful resources and where to find them.
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.