To shape their digital future, medium-sized companies need reliable and competent partners at hand. Research results from independent analysts like the „ISG Provider Lens™“, conducted by Information Services Group GmbH Germany, can help exploring the market and finding a suitable provider.
In this article you will learn more about:
- what stands behind the study ‚ISG Provider Lens™ Germany 2018 – Cloud Platforms & Technologies/Access Services’,
- which criteria were applied ranking vendors in the category ‘Platforms – Cloud Marketplaces’ and
- why TelekomCLOUD Portal was ranked as ‘Cloud Leader’ again.
The study: ISG Provider LensTM Germany 2018 – Cloud Platforms & Technology/Access Services
The digital transformation can’t be stopped anymore. Market conditions have changed too radically in the last years. Most of medium-sized companies have realized the increasing need for a digital transformation by now.
With a comprehensive vendor comparison within the scope of their study ‘ISG Provider Lens™ Germany 2018 – Cloud Platforms & Technologies/Access Services’ the Information Services Group GmbH Germany provides concrete support to IT-experts when it comes to evaluating and choosing the right solution and service provider. The study includes 8 market categories and evaluates more than 100 relevant providers in Germany. Moreover, the study provides an overview to decision-makers regarding the most important upcoming cloud platform and service trends. The ‘ISG Provider Lens™ Research Process’ is validated and internationally accepted – providing important decision-making criteria to medium-sized companies.
The category: Platforms – Cloud Marketplaces
Access to software and IT-infrastructure „on demand“ as a service out of the cloud gets increasingly important for medium-sized businesses. A variety of providers provide cloud marketplaces as standard platforms for offering SaaS-, PaaS- and IaaS-solutions. In doing so a well-engineered marketplace platform should offer product-partners an easy onboarding and customers highly automated capabilities for self-service product-booking and -supply.
But increasing demand for cloud marketplaces led to a market-diversification. Various providers come up with differently focused cloud portfolios. Especially medium-sized companies with a small IT department and a lack in know-how face difficulties choosing the most suitable provider for their own demands. The independent and unbiased study ‘Cloud Platforms & Technologies/Access Services Germany 2018’ examines carefully the contestants using various assessment criteria. Based on the results a well-grounded ranking of the market participants is set up.
In the category ‘Platforms – Cloud Marketplaces’ ISG Provider Lens™ rates on basis of the following criteria:
- Quality, extent and differentiation of the marketplace’s portfolio
- User friendliness and functionality of the marketplace
- Onboarding mechanisms for third-party solutions, that ensure growth in portfolio
- Data security (especially regarding rights and role management) and process collaboration
- White-labeling for closed user groups
- Local assets – starting with a German-speaking support offer via local trainings and events to a local customer base
- An elaborate channel network for customer access
Provider that meets the requirements best were ranked as ‘Leaders’. They stand for an excellent product and service portfolio, guaranteed stability and power for innovation and are seen as pulse generators in the market.
TelekomCLOUD. Secure cloud solutions at their best.
It is not astonishing that Deutsche Telekom could secure its ranking as ‚Leader‘ in the area Cloud Marketplaces considering the criteria used fort the evaluations. As quoted in the study: “The Telekom Cloud offers one of the most secure marketplace platforms for medium-sized businesses and covers a wide range of solutions in its application categories.”
The TelekomCLOUD portal scored with its wide range of cloud services offered:
- a wide range of solutions and services including migration and implementation services,
- secure solutions from Microsoft (Azure and Office 365 hosted in German data center) and solutions from various other partners for productivity, collaboration and IT security,
- specialized offers, that are interesting especially for highly-regulated industries,
- high price transparency,
- good platform usability and
- additional offering of tools to meet individual customer requirements for integration solutions such as Informatica
The recognition as ‚Cloud Leader‘ goes to Deutsche Telekom for the 5th time in a row, underlining its position as a reliable partner for business customers.
Deutsche Telekom offers its customers innovative solutions for digitalization of their business processes. Not only large enterprises can profit from Deutsche Telekom’s long-lasting cloud experience from various projects throughout all industries and business sizes, but also self-employed, small and medium-sized businesses. They all can rely on Deutsche Telekom as a trustworthy and future-proof partner.
Find the solution suitable to your requirements at the TelekomCLOUD Portal. TelekomCLOUD. Secure cloud solutions at their best.