Many companies use several cloud networks simultaneously, saving data separately across several virtual environments with no real overview. By contrast, Veritas allows them to backup their data in one place. Especially for small and midsized businesses, this kind of consolidated backup platform is a great way to reduce costs and risk despite having limited IT resources of their own available.
The Open Telekom Cloud is the first product from Deutsche Telekom certified by the respected backup solution provider Veritas. That means users of NetBackup, a Veritas solution for data backup and recovery, can now rely on the Open Telekom Cloud for particularly secure saving needs.
Certified quality and security
IT capacity exactly when and how you need it? The most cost-effective way is infrastructure as a service (IaaS), offering processing and storage capacity from the cloud. The market-leaders in this sector are primarily from the United States. Anyone concerned about data privacy and security can either opt for an expensive private cloud – or simply use Open Telekom Cloud from Deutsche Telekom.
„Data security Made in Germany is what the Open Telekom Cloud is all about. The certification from Veritas, a respected backup solution provider, confirms this.“
– Max Guhl, Product Manager, Open Telekom Cloud
Jointly developed with the hardware and solution partner Huawei, the public cloud offers the best of both worlds. The Open Telekom Cloud combines price advantage of public cloud services with the flexibility and compliance of a “Made in Germany” product. Services provided to companies fulfill the requirements for data security and data protection according to German law. Deutsche Telekom’s data centers located in Germany adhere to these stringent regulations for data, contracts and all services. The Open Telekom Cloud can also be easily integrated into preexisting IT environments via standard interfaces. The service catalog includes computing, storage, network, security and management solutions. Many cloud services can be added and removed in just a matter of minutes.
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.