Huawei is now working more closely with OpenStack, having been awarded Platinum Membership at the last board meeting. We would like to congratulate Huawei and are delighted with their continued commitment to OpenStack. Huawei has been shaping OpenStack’s development since 2012 and is currently one of the top contributors to OpenStack’s continued expansion. Huawei has been continuously expanding its input into OpenStack since the Juno release (2014/15). For Ocata (February 2017), Huawei not only contributed a sizeable part of the code but also a wealth of reviews and initial bug fixes. Huawei currently provides six project leaders and 21 core team members. As a Platinum Member, Huawei is one of the major promoters for OpenStack and is committed as a company to align its strategy with OpenStack’s mission.
Increased engagement by Huawei/Deutsche Telekom
Within just a few months of each other, both Deutsche Telekom and Huawei have increased their engagement within the OpenStack community and are providing increased momentum for the future development of OpenStack. We at Deutsche Telekom feel our new status as a Gold Member gives us a great base upon which to play our role in the community – as provider and the voice of the customer. Platinum Status accurately reflects Huawei’s position as a company that actively contributes code.
“Since we joined the OpenStack community in 2012, we have consistently increased our participation. We have been able to contribute towards the great success of OpenStack and help deliver tangible advantages for users. We are honoured to be named a Platinum Member and will continue to work intensively on OpenStack’s development and eco-system,” comments Zheng Yelai, President of Huawei IT Product Line.
Benefits for Open Telekom Cloud
With their long-term commitment, Huawei and Deutsche Telekom underline their conviction in OpenStack’s future. At the same time, the more intensive engagement has strengthened our partnership and the benefits for Open Telekom Cloud. Together, we can now channel even more of our business experience and the demands of our corporate clients via Huawei. As a partner, we will know at an early stage what technical improvements are planned and now have a strong conduit for our feedback on future developments. The Platinum Membership is further proof that we have chosen a first-class partner in Huawei who, together with Suse, are the first non-US corporations to be major sponsors of the open cloud standard.
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.