From October 24-30, 2016, the OpenStack Summit in Barcelona zeroed in on OpenStack, an open-source cloud computing software. This open-access architecture for cloud computing can be used for creating uncomplicated connections between virtual machines. Click here (german only) to find out just what the "operating system" underlying the Open Telekom Cloud is in detail.
Telekom's Cloud Kindergarten team was also present in Barcelona and conducted a host of interesting interviews with different OpenStack Summit participants. Containing such names as Rackspace, Fujitsu, Datadog, T-Systems. and OpenStack, a list of the interviewees' employers reads like a who's who of the sector. Employees at Huawei, technology partners of the Open Telekom Cloud, and Canonical, which recently officially certified the Open Telekom Cloud as a "Canonical certified Public Cloud" were also interviewed by the Cloud Kindergarten team.
Available free on YouTube, the series of talks provides fascinating insights into the cloud computing event of the year, which attracted a large number of experts, celebrated IT specialists, and developers. Telekom was the recipient of a major honor when it was named as a gold member. Roxana Schimilechis from T-Systems expressed what everyone felt following this achievement: "I think that being made a gold member was one of the highlights because it was something of importance for the entire team. We had worked towards this goal for a long time, so it was of course of course a source of pride to be honored by the OpenStack Foundation."
A range of interviews is available here.
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.