SAP S/4HANA represents an enormous increase in speed: Companies can analyze data at significantly faster rates and use it to make critical business decisions faster and more effectively. This is made possible by short lead times and real-time analyses thanks to the in-memory database. This makes the SAP Business Suite attractive for many companies. For others, it’s more than that: it’s a necessity, because the support for R3 systems ends in 2025. These companies are well advised to start preparing the ground now.
Determining the SAP S/4HANA transformation path
But where to start? Greenfield or brownfield, migrate or re-implement? SAP itself recommends those switching to make a clean break by modernizing their own ERP system from the ground up. "There’s a move away from highly individualized software monoliths in the server room towards standardized, up-to-date tools and solutions from the cloud: SAP is reinventing its Business Suite," says Hansjörg Groß, Senior SAP Portfolio Architect Cloud at T-Systems. "It’s something a lot of people still have to get used to it. That's why it's a good idea to take the transformation path step by step in a proof of concept." The Open Telekom Cloud, as an SAP-certified IaaS platform, offers all the necessary services and technologies for this. Certified means: Support from SAP for SAP applications that companies operate in the Open Telekom Cloud.
A trial run under real conditions is ideal for getting to know SAP S/4HANA and exploring options for how to successfully transform your own SAP landscape. In the Open Telekom Cloud, SAP S/4HANA systems can be set up according to requirements: For example, with just a few clicks of the mouse experienced SAP administrators can independently configure the required computing and storage resources and install SAP licenses – and then switch them off again.
Testing and operating SAP in the Open Telekom Cloud
T-Systems supports less experienced companies with Managed Services. Here, the provider configures all the resources as required, installs licenses and operates the SAP solution. The "Jump Start" option is available to get to know SAP S/4 HANA and Managed Services. Within minutes T-Systems can set up predefined and fully functional SAP systems and operate them for companies, all at an attractive price and limited to three months duration.
"No matter which variant: A proof of concept makes the deployment of SAP S/4HANA manageable," says Groß. "The Open Telekom Cloud is not only the right infrastructure platform for this, but also for when the SAP systems go live.“
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.