Boiling the kettle? That’s not possible just yet on Open Telekom Cloud, but you can do a lot of other things - like setting up mail servers. If you have set up a server running Windows, you can simply install a mail service on top.
Secure Mailgate Service prevents unwanted blacklist entries
The only problem is that if you are regularly sending out large amounts of mail from your mail server, anti-spam databases will quickly put it on the list of unwanted senders - in other words, it will be blacklisted. When this happens, the IP address from which unsolicited mail is sent will be classified as untrustworthy and, in the future, e-mails sent from there will end up in the virtual bin immediately after leaving the mail server. The IP address is “burnt” and the added value of the mail server disappears.
To avoid such unwanted consequences, Open Telekom Cloud has been working with a secure mailgate service since the end of February. The service ensures official and secure delivery of outgoing e-mails and prevents blacklisting. The IP address of the sender is encoded and the sending and receiving emails is protected, as anti-spam and anti-virus filters can be activated by the user.
Secure Mailgate Service legitimizes virtual outbox
Using the secure mailgate service is very easy as the current mail server can be used with almost no adjustments. The mail server carries a mail host address and in return its public IP is registered on the mail host. Outgoing mail is therefore sent via the secure mailgate service and confirmed as legitimate. If required, incoming mail can also be routed via the mailgate service.
Once set up, the secure mailgate service must be used for sending e-mails direct from Open Telekom Cloud. If you run or want to run a service that involves sending e-mails to customers or contacts, this service is compulsory and free of charge until the end of 2017.
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.