Rectangular, stuffy rooms with hundreds of rows of chairs and artificial lighting; huge, unmanageable halls with thousands of people, hectically scurrying about: conventions and trade fairs can be terribly dull mass events that some regard as unpleasant, mandatory commitments.
JAX, the annual developers meet-up that was held in Mainz’s Rheingoldhalle from April 23 to 27, 2018, was completely different: “The event was a thoroughly positive event, and not just because of its atmospheric location directly on the Rhine,” says Dorothee de Weerdt of T-Systems. “With around 2,000 visitors and 250 speeches, JAX is one of the most important industry events and yet it still provides an informal atmosphere for professional exchange.”
T-Systems stand with the cloud as main focus
T-Systems was able to greet numerous interested parties at its own exhibitor stand. The main focus of the discussions with the experts: the Open Telekom Cloud and Telekom’s Cloudifier concept, with which the Bonn-based provider helps companies to transfer IT to the cloud. “An offer that appeals to more and more business customers: During the trade fair, we were able to gain almost 100 new contacts that were very interested in our public cloud solutions – from DAX companies to family-run SMEs, as well as innovative start-ups,” says Marco Nevermann of T-Systems.
IT Security: the major feature of the Open Telekom Cloud
Two other highlights were the speeches by Nils Magnus and Bernd Rederlechner on the issue of DevOps deployment, both of which were followed by a lively question and answer session with the specialist audience.
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.