Red carpet at Lake Starnberg. End of September, ISG selected the leaders of the recent Provider Lens studies. Among them: the Open Telekom Cloud.
“A highly attractive product and service offering as well as a distinctive market and competitor position.” Those are the characteristics of IT leaders according to the ISG – former Experton – analysts. They are strategic impulse generators and opinion leaders and guarantors for innovative strength and stability. ISG annually honors the Oscar winners of information technology and had invited to a grand award ceremony at Lake Starnberg. Amongst others, T-Systems received the award for “Cloud-Leader 2017”, representing leading provider of the German cloud market.
Profound understanding of OpenStack
In the context of the independent study “ISG Provider Lens Germany 2017 Cloud Transformation/Operations Services & XaaS” ISG elected Telekom and T-Systems as leader in ten from 13 cloud categories. The IaaS offering of the Open Telekom Cloud, the public cloud for business customers, clearly stood out. In less than two years, the Open Telekom Cloud could establish itself as a true competitor of previous established top dogs. The analysts attested the Telekom a profound understanding of OpenStack, an exemplary API controlling and a wide range of cloud offerings. ISG: “The Deutsche Telekom and T-Systems represent performance and security like no other in Germany”.
Award is an accelerator for the Open Telekom Cloud
Andreas Falkner, Vice President Open Telekom Cloud, accepted the Cloud Leader Award on behalf of the Telekom cloud team. “This award is extremely important for us. ISG enjoys an excellent reputation on the market and decides which providers are worth considering in large tenders. The award helps us in making the Open Telekom Cloud even more popular.”
The Telekom was able to score in five more IT areas at the ISG award ceremony. Awards were received for:
- Managed WAN and LAN Services
- Digital Workspace Services & Solutions
- Sourcing Infrastructure & Application Services
- Internet of Things (I4.0) Platforms, Services & Solutions
- Digital Transformation
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.