The multi-cloud is reality – this is the message quickly spreading throughout the business community. But achieving this reality is a true challenge for companies trying to manage various workloads including virtual machines, containers and storage across several public and private clouds from different providers. HashiCorp tools help companies create, manage and operate heterogeneous cloud infrastructures.
This includes Terraform: This tool helps companies organize, connect and operate cloud services from various providers and across different platforms. And now Terraform from HashiCorp also supports the Open Telekom Cloud. This gives companies yet another way to tap the IT resources of the Open Telekom Cloud. This will make it even easier for Terraform users to access services from the Open Telekom Cloud and integrate them in complex multi-cloud structures.
How does Terraform work exactly?
“The infrastructure is defined with the help of an overarching configuration syntax,” is how the Terraform provider Hashicorp explains the functionality of its tools on its website. This means that Terraform enables users to define which cloud components from various providers they want to access with the help of software codes. HashiCorp defines this process to provision cloud resources as “declarative,” or “descriptive.”
The tool Terraform automatically derives the dependencies of the desired cloud services from the user’s description, so it can prepare the construction of the infrastructure accordingly. This enables users to create multi-cloud structures with Terraform – which now can also integrate the resources of the Open Telekom Cloud.
Further information about using HashiCorp products to manage Open Telekom Cloud resources can be found on the terraform website. The source code of the project is also visible at GitHub.
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.