Around the world in 100 minutes. This is how long the Sentinel-2A satellite takes to orbit the Earth. In just five days, its cameras can survey virtually the entire planet, thus generating petabytes of data over the course of a year – data that is freely available to anyone, thanks to the Copernicus program run by the European Commission and the European Space Agency (ESA). What’s more, the task of analyzing this mass of data is soon to become a much more efficient and simple process – with the aid of the Open Telekom Cloud.
Satellite Masters Conference
A team from Slovenian company Sinergise Ltd. has used Deutsche Telekom’s public cloud offering to develop the “Sentinel Hub” web service, thereby winning the annual “Copernicus Masters” Earth observation competition not just in the “T-Systems Open Telekom Cloud Challenge” category, but also as the overall winner of all seven categories.
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.