On 22 December 2016, the corks popped in the offices of the Open Telekom Cloud team. After several months of preparations and intensive audits by Dekra, the official certificates were handed over. By awarding DIN ISO/IEC 27017:2015 certification, Dekra confirmed that T-Systems operates a compliant information security management system for cloud services. And ISO/IEC 27018:2014 accreditation guarantees personally identifiable information is secure.
ISO 27017 and ISO 27018 – “must haves” for trustworthy cloud providers
In other words, the ISO 27017 and 27018 standards ensure that customer data is protected by defined processes and tools against misuse. Furthermore, they offer an important assessment criteria for international customers and medium size companies in Europe when evaluating the data security and privacy policies of potential cloud providers. They have fast become a “must have” for every cloud provider.
With these further certifications, Open Telekom Cloud is comprehensively certified – only a year after its start. In 2016, the cloud service already achieved CSA Star and the TÜV Trusted Cloud awards.
But Open Telekom Cloud will not rest on its laurels. Another new, important certification is planned for 2017 – Trusted Cloud from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). The first step towards compliance has already been reached. At the beginning of January, the advisory council approved Open Telekom Cloud’s proposal for listing. This listing means Open Telekom Cloud have passed the first test as a secure cloud provider on its way to Trusted Cloud status.
At a glance: the benefits of Open Telekom Cloud
- Security: The data are hosted in highly secure Telekom computing centres in Germany.
- Scalability: Computing power and memory can be ordered and set up online and adapted flexibly at any time.
- Pricing models: We offer you flexible and fixed contractual periods as well as a combination of both models.
- No vendor lock-in: Open Telekom Cloud is based on OpenStack, a freely available open-source standard. You can change the provider at any time.
- Individual configuration: CPU, RAM, storage, network – you can put a package together for yourself that matches your requirements to the optimum degree.
- IaaS for all: Open Telekom Cloud is extremely flexible and therefore suitable for companies of every size.